Thursday 25 June 2009

Retirement has become a reality , for almost the first time in my life I am rally bored , Not frustrated at too much to do in to little time , which I had mistaken for boredom. However I wont comment on boredom just yet I think I will savour what is for now a new experience , and see if I like it . I never realised that day time television is such a collection of hoary old repeats . with a few gems shining through . I have to admit I have become an instant fan of loose women as for the rest my television viewing has actually gone down . Radio 4 has some good bits , once they get over their current obsession with finance . Its odd for the first time I only need to interact with the bits of the outside world I want to . I am actually finding the absence of transport more of a problem now I am retired than when I was working , when I quite happily used public transport , funny that . I am finding that I am putting things off because I have plenty of time . whereas when I had little time I got them done , "Strange" Attitudes from my family have differed as well, Its as if by retiring I have aged 15 years in a day I suddenly need advice and looking after , and being told what I should attempt and not attempt . This is odd because I am actually quite fit , and no one suggested otherwise before I retired . and the attitudes of public servants especially those in the council administration is amazing , talk about patronising once they find out you have retired .I think my Victor Meldrew is coming out .

No comments:

Post a Comment